“Alexa, open The Resistance”
Don’t have an Amazon Alexa enabled device? What are you waiting for? Click here to get you one!
What is a custom Alexa skill?
- Amazon’s voice service is called Alexa. Much like your phone has an “app”, your Amazon devices (Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Tap, Echo Show, etc) have skills. Users interact with their Alexa enabled device via skills.
- Skills can be “default” – meaning they come pre-enabled on your Alexa device, or they can be “custom”. Custom skills are searchable in the Alexa Skills Store and offer a more robust feature set.
Are custom Alexa skills free for Alexa users?
Yes, custom Alexa skills are free for users to enable and interact with on their Alexa-enabled devices.
How do I enable the custom Alexa skill for The Resistance? (you will only have to do this once!)?
To enable, you have three options:
- Search Amazon.com/skills for The Resistance skill & enable
- Open the Alexa companion app on your mobile device, search for The Resistance skill & click enable
- Say “Alexa, enable The Resistance skill”
Once my skill is enabled, how do I use it?
- Simply say “Alexa, open The Resistance”
- If you say “Alexa, play The Resistance”, you will likely open the TuneIn skill. If you want The Resistance skill to open, giving you access to the live stream and more, make sure to say “Alexa, open The Resistance”.
- Skills have sets of features/abilities that you can access simply by asking. Until you are familiar with a skill’s abilities, use Help or Options voice commands to hear what a skill can do. When you know what features are available, ask for your specific course of action.
Currently you can listen live with The Resistance skill, and we’ll be adding more custom skills in the weeks ahead, so stay tuned!